On 01-03 November 2023, the Annual Conference of the Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum took place online.
Results of the Annual Conference
The Annual Conference programme was extensive and varied.
The Conference included an open panel discussion “European Green Deal and Post-War Reconstruction of Ukraine: How to Ensure Energy and Environmental Security?”
The delegates discussed the UNP Development Strategy 2024-2026, drafts of the UNP Position Paper, and the UNP EaP CSF Advocacy Strategy for 2024-2026
The conference included coordinators’ reports and planning in working groups, during which the participants developed a number of ideas for joint activities for 2023.
Let’s get acquainted with the results of UNP Annual Conference in detail
As part of UNP Conference, on 1 November 2023, a discussion “European Green Deal and Post-War Eeconstruction of Ukraine: How to Ensure Energy and Environmental Security?” was held.
Welcome speech by Ruslan Havryliuk, UNP EaP CSF National Coordinator, Ihor Burakovskyi, Chairman of the Board of the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting, and Ana Otilia Nutu, Co-Chair of the Steering Committee, EaP CSF WG3 Coordinator.
Sintia Bernava, EaP CSF Steering Committee Member, Chairman of the Board of DONUM ANIMUS (Latvia), addressed the participants of UNP Annual Conference 2023.
Questions for discussion:
- How to ensure that the reconstruction of Ukraine is carried out on the principles of decarbonization, climate neutrality, and environmental protection?
- How did the Russian aggression affect environmental and energy security in Ukraine and the region?
- How will the implementation of the EU acquis contribute to the reconstruction of Ukraine on green principles?
- What needs to be done at the regional level to ensure environmental and energy security?
- Yulia Ovchynnikova, Member of the Parliament, Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management
- Yevhenii Fedorenko, Deputy Minister for European Integration, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Torsten Wollert, Minister Councellor on Energy, EU Delegation to Ukraine
- Oleksandr Tarasenko, Head of the European and Euro-Atlantic integration expert group of the Directorate of Strategic Planning and European Integration, Ministry of Energy
- Ana Otilia Nutu, co-chair of the Steering Committee, coordinator of WG3, Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
- Olena Pavlenko, President DiXi Group”, EaP CSF Working Group 3 EaP Coordinator
- Ruslan Havryliuk, National Coordinator of the UNP EaP CSF, Head of National Ecological Center of Ukraine
On 02 November, a presentation and discussion of the draft UNP Position Paper “NGOs Should Be Effective and Full-Fledged Participants in Ukraine’s European Integration Progress” was held, which was prepared by UNP Member Natalia Andrusevych at the request of UNP SC.
This position document is prepared within the framework of the Ukrainian National Platform of EaP CSF to inform the Ukrainian authorities and international partners of the need to strengthen the role of civil society organisations in Ukraine’s path towards EU membership, including through various platforms, including the Eastern Partnership initiative. The document outlines the main areas of work of civil society organisations and UNP EaP CSF on Ukraine’s EU membership, as well as the interaction of CSOs with public authorities and international institutions.
National Coordinator Ruslan Havryliuk presented the Conference delegates with the 2024-202 UNP Development Strategy prepared and supported by UNP SC members.
At the request of UNP SC, UNP Member Natalia Andrusevych prepared the draft 2024-2026 UNP EaP CSF Advocacy Strategy. The draft document was presented to the Conference delegates.
After the additions of UNP Conference participants, the draft documents will be submitted for discussion and support by UNP members.
The conference included a planning session in working groups, during which participants developed a number of ideas for joint activities in the coming months.
UNP Coordinator Report Presentation
UNP WGs Coordinators Report Presentation
The event is implemented within the framework of the project “Support to the activities of the UNP EaP CSF in 2021-2023”, funded by the European Union and implemented by the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting.