The UNP Annual Conference has started.
The work of the Conference was opened by a public discussion “The European Green Deal and the post-war reconstruction of Ukraine: how to ensure energy and environmental security?”
Date: 1 November 2023, 14:00-16:00 (Kyiv time)
Place: online, Zoom Platform
a welcome speech
- Ruslan Havryliuk, National Coordinator of the UNP EaP CSF
- Igor Burakovsky, Head of the Board Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting
- Ana Otilia Nutu, EaP CSF Steering Committeer Co-Chair & Working Group 3 EU Coordinator
Moderator of the discussion – Nataliya Andrusevtch, Resource and Analysis Center “Society and Environment”, coordinator of WG3 of the UNP EaP CSF
Issues of energy, environmental, and climate security occupy an important place in the political agenda of both Ukraine and the entire region. The destruction of the energy infrastructure, the dependence of European countries on Russian energy resources, the destruction of the Kakhovska HPP, the migration of Ukrainians due to the invasion of Russia – this is far from a complete list of today’s challenges. The planning of the post-war reconstruction of Ukraine and the need to implement the EU acquis in the environmental and energy spheres, which also includes the policy of decarbonization and climate neutrality in accordance with the European Green Deal, create a new framework for ensuring energy and environmental security.
Questions for discussion:
- How to ensure that the reconstruction of Ukraine is carried out on the principles of decarbonization, climate neutrality, and environmental protection?
- How did the Russian aggression affect environmental and energy security in Ukraine and the region?
- How will the implementation of the EU acquis contribute to the reconstruction of Ukraine on green principles?
- What needs to be done at the regional level to ensure environmental and energy security?
- Yulia Ovchynnikova, Member of the Parliament, Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management
- Yevhenii Fedorenko, Deputy Minister for European Integration, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Torsten Wollert, Minister Councellor on Energy, EU Delegation to Ukraine
- Oleksandr Tarasenko, Head of the European and Euro-Atlantic integration expert group of the Directorate of Strategic Planning and European Integration, Ministry of Energy,
- Ana Otilia Nutu, co-chair of the Steering Committee, coordinator of WG3, Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
- Olena Pavlenko, President DiXi Group”, EaP CSF Working Group 3 EaP Coordinator
- Ruslan Havryliuk, National Coordinator of the UNP EaP CSF, Head of National Ecological Center of Ukraine
The event is conducted within the framework of the project “Activities Support of the EaP SCF 2021-2023”, funded by the European Union and performed by the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting