On 27 October 2023, a meeting of Working Group 3 “Environment, Climate Change and Energy Security” was held online. The main task of the meeting was to discuss the draft Operational Plan of the Working Group for 2024. The priorities of WG3 for the next year are in line with the goals set out in the UNP Strategic Development Plan for 2024-2026, and also take into account the tasks set for the platform.
The main thematic areas for 2024 were identified as follows:
- Green post-war reconstruction of Ukraine
- Assessment of the damage caused by the Russian war to Ukraine’s environment
- Development of an environmental and energy agenda and reforms in the relevant areas, taking into account EU candidate status and EGD goals
- Restoration of Ukraine’s energy system based on the green transformation
- Implementation of environmental and climate policy at the regional level, biodiversity conservation
- Sustainable transport.
The Working Group will work in its traditional format: preparation of position papers, statements, analytical documents, advocacy of relevant priorities and urgent issues, holding meetings and joining working groups. WG 3 is ready to cooperate with other platforms, coalitions and NGOs working on the issues of European integration, reforming the country and green reconstruction of Ukraine.
During the meeting, the participants, among other things, drew attention to the priority issues of finding additional resources and strengthening the human and expert potential of the platform.
Information provided by Natalia Andrusevych, UNP WG3 Coordinator
The event is implemented within the framework of the project “Support to the activities of the UNP EaP CSF in 2021-2023”, funded by the European Union and implemented by the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting.