On June 6, in Kremenchuk, Poltava Region, NGO “Kremenchuk Anti-Corruption Centre”, a UNP WG1 member, within the framework of the initiative “Prospects for Recovery and Advocacy for EU Membership: the Regional Dimension”, held a roundtable “Women and Girls: War and Reconstruction. What Are the Prospects in the EU?”
The question provoked a lively discussion among the participants, because everyone agrees that it is necessary to change the legal acts related to the education of women and girls during the reconstruction period.
The participants also discussed the National Action Plan “Women, Peace, Security”, which includes the following points:
1. Ensuring equal participation of women and men in decision-making on conflict prevention, conflict resolution and post-conflict rehabilitation at all levels and in all sectors, including the security and defence sector.
2. Establishing a gender-sensitive system for identifying, preventing and responding to security challenges.
3. Ensuring the process of post-conflict reconstruction, development and implementation of transitional justice based on the principles of equal rights and opportunities for women and men.
4. Ensuring protection against gender-based violence and sexual violence (in armed conflict and peacetime)
5. Ensuring the developed institutional capacity of the National Plan implementers for the effective implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda in accordance with international standards.
Gender Equality as a Condition for EU Membership. A New Look at Inclusion in Times of War: Oksana Huida, Head of NGO “Kremenchuk Anti-Corruption Centre”.
Video discussion https://www.facebook.com/kremen.antikor/videos/486199617024910/
What needs to be changed in legislation related to the education of women and girls during the reconstruction period. How to prepare for EU membership. Inna Sovsun, Speaker, Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
Video discussion https://www.facebook.com/kremen.antikor/videos/971504677221777/
Video discussion https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=203493072643069
The event is implemented within the framework of the project “Support to the activities of the UNP EaP CSF in 2021-2023”, funded by the European Union, the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum and implemented by the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting.